The Laboratory of Biocenology and Game Management Science was established within the Institute of Zoology on the basis of the decision of the Scientific Council of the Institute (Minutes No 11 of October 07, 2021) and in accordance with the order of the General Director No 43-II of October 18, 2021.
Objectives of the laboratory
The Laboratory aims at carrying out fundamental and applied research in the field of biocenology and game management.
The main objectives of the Laboratory activities are:
- Restoration and formation of scientific schools in the field of biocenology and game science.
- To provide an integrated approach to the study of populations, biocenoses, and ecosystems.
In the field of biocenology:
- Studying the spatial, temporal, demographic and population structure of biocenoses and ecosystems;
- Study the organization, dynamics and functioning of populations, biocenoses and ecosystems including those using GIS technologies;
- Conducting research in the field of preservation of biodiversity and its components, population management, development of strategies and methods of sustainable use of ecosystems and wildlife resources;
- Conducting research in the field of methodology of impact assessment on populations, biocenoses and ecosystems;
- Conducting research in the field of environmental protection, development of concepts and strategies for the formation, design and allocation of protected areas and key natural areas;
- Conducting research on determining the factors affecting the population, biocenosis and ecosystems, organization and improvement of their monitoring;
In the field of Game Management:
- Studying the impact of hunting and Game management on populations, biocenoses and ecosystems;
- Studying different types of hunting – amateur (sport), including – trophy hunting and hunting dogs, national (with hunting birds and dogs of national hunting breeds), game hunting;
- Realization of researches in the field of conducting the hunting economy, game breeding, biotechnics and sustainable use of wildlife resources, design of the hunting farms and plans of their development;
- Studying the veterinary status of populations, biocenoses, ecosystems, specially protected natural areas, hunting farms, nurseries and game farms, development of measures to maintain their veterinary and sanitary well-being.
Publications of the Laboratory of Biocenology and Game Management:
You can read all the articles at this link: https://zool.kz/category/izdaniya-instituta/stati/biocen-hunting/
Biocenology is the central branch of ecology that studies the regularities of life of organisms in biocenoses, their population structure, energy flows and the cycle of substances.
Biocenosis is a historically formed set of animals, plants, fungi and microorganisms inhabiting a relatively homogeneous living space (a certain land or water area) and interconnected with each other, as well as with their environment
Hunting – the science of hunting and game management, protection, enrichment and rational use of game fauna; studies the hunting grounds, biology of game animals and birds, develops the methods of their account, tools and methods of hunting, deals with the hunting goods, economy and organization of the hunting farms.
Ecology is a synthetic biological science of the relationship between living organisms and their environment