Monitoring of fauna is carried out for the purpose of timely detection, prevention and elimination of the consequences of negative processes and phenomena for the conservation of biological diversity.
Fauna monitoring surveys are carried out on:
- general description of fauna and types of animal habitats;
- determination of species diversity of different groups of animals (aquatic invertebrates, insects, amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals);
- population counts of monitored animal groups;
- assessment of spatial location and potential stocks of monitoring groups of animals at the studied sites;
- assessment of impact of disturbance factor on animals;
- assessment of the degree of disturbance of animal habitats in the observation area.